Author Topic: BVA groups.  (Read 2016 times)

watdo

BVA groups.
« on: September 22, 2013, 11:51:22 PM »
Hi everyone,

I need help regarding grouping for BVA. I have 2 conditions infected + uninfected and these samples are at different time points. The entire experiment consist of 9 gels with 3 different time points done in triplicates for both infected and uninfected.

I have created groups for the different timepoints
-Time 1
-Time 2
-Time 3

and placed each of the gels into the different groups but what I want is to create a group within a group so it would be like this

-Time 1
   -Infected
   -Uninfected
-Time 2
   -Infected
   -Uninfected
-Time 3
   -Infected
   -Uninfected

How do I group it so I can compare time 1 vs time 2 vs time 3
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:52:57 PM by watdo »

SlavkoM

Re: BVA groups.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 05:36:33 AM »
I would rather create 6 groups, one for each condition (time, infection). Then assign both conditions in Spot map page to each group and compare them with 2-way ANOVA.
Regards, Slavko

watdo

Re: BVA groups.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 05:43:40 PM »
Hi Slavko

That's what I ended up doing. I created 6 groups so it would be

time 1 inf, time 2 inf, time 3 inf, time 1 uninf, time 2 uninf and time 3 uninf and withing that I just assisgned conditions so 1,1 to 1,3 and 2,1 to 2,3 and then did the two way anova. The parameters i used where independent tests, average ratio and in the population 1 box I selected all 3 uninf and inf in population 2 box with a two-way anova between condition 1 and 2 and FDR correction applied.

So my pick list is pretty much all spots that give either a p value <.05 in 2 way anova-condition 1,2 and interact.