Author Topic: 2D analysis software - DeCyder vs ImageMaster Platinum  (Read 3600 times)

Analía

2D analysis software - DeCyder vs ImageMaster Platinum
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:07:05 AM »
Hello everybody,

I work in proteomic core facility. We usually perform non-DIGE gels (coomassie and silver stained gels). Now we are incorporating DIGE technology, and my doubt is wich is the best to perform analysis on DIGE gels but also on non-DIGE gels. I think that Decyder doesn't support non-dige analysis. And.... is the Image Master 2D Platinum (with the extension for DIGE gels) good enough to perform DIGE analysis.

I really appreciate any comments. Is a big decision since they are really expensive softwares!

Thank you very much in advance....

Analía

ElkeKS

Re: 2D analysis software - DeCyder vs ImageMaster Platinum
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:11:43 AM »
Hi Analia,

What software are you using for your regular 2D gels? In terms of training, I find it makes a lot of sense to try and stay in a familiar software environment if possible.
You are correct that Decyder doesn't do non-DiGE gels. I'm pretty happy with most of it for DiGE analysis, but I haven't really worked with Image Master, or any other package, so I can't compare.

Elke

Analía

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 10:18:03 AM »
Hello Elke,
Thank you very much for the reply
By now we have performed very basic/preliminary experiments and we used ImageQuant. But the idea is to improve the capabilities of the proteomic facility analysing non-DIGE and DIGE gels.

regards
analia

dfried

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
As Elke says, DeCyder only does DIGE and ImageMaster is supposed to do both (although I have never used IM either).  You should also look at Progenesis SameSpots.

David