Author Topic: Staining/storage containers for 24cm gels  (Read 7153 times)

m2k12

Staining/storage containers for 24cm gels
« on: January 10, 2013, 08:20:14 AM »
What sort of containers does everyone use for staining and storage of 24cm gels?

I have some glass pyrex containers which i stain a few gels at a time in, but the gels often gel damaged during destaining when pouring off destain. Ideally I would have one gel per container but glass seems quite expensive. The official staining trays are also quite expensive and I'm sure there must be cheaper alternatives.

Anyone have any suggestions for cheap storage/staining trays?

M2k12

researcher123

Re: Staining/storage containers for 24cm gels
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:26:36 AM »
Hi,

I had thought of buying the trays provided by GE, but then I tried plastic ones from ordinary shops here- but of course, silver staining is not recommended in plastic, so I now do it in stainless steel trays from a shop here in Delhi, India, that sells household utensils. I had inquired about custom made glass trays as well (didn't get ready made trays of that size anywhere here), but they were expensive and also pretty heavy/ cumbersome to handle.

ElkeKS

Re: Staining/storage containers for 24cm gels
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »
Hi,
this was discussed a while ago, and yes, finding suitable staining and storage containers can be a real headache.
Some people like to use three- or four-drawer units from office supply stores, so you can conveniently stack them on the shaker. The "letter size" paper is about the same as the size of the gels, so they are readily available (at least here in North America).
I wanted something with a lid, and I ended up purchasing boxes from Ikea, because they were the only ones with a perfectly smooth bottom, so they don't tear the gel or waste solutions.
For pouring off the solutions, and general handling, I've found "Flow-Mesh" sheets really useful. They are available from Sigma (Z377619) *no commercial interest*
For storage, I tend to keep them in the big Ikea boxes, but I have a big cold room... I know some people keep them in plastic bags, either zip-lock, or the ones you heat-seal.
Elke

Brixacier

• Buy Replica Christian Louboutin Alti Gold Spikes 160mm Cork Pumps Natural Gold
Buy Best replica Christian Louboutin boots 12cm heel leopard with fur CL009
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 04:42:51 AM »

Shoes Christian Louboutin boots 12cm heel leopard with fur CL009, price $92.93.
If you likes  Christian Louboutin boots 12cm heel leopard with fur CL009, click the "I want to buy" below to find out where it is most advantageous to buy shoes brand Best replica Christian Louboutin

Category: Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots
Brand: Replicas Christian Louboutin

Tags product: Christian Louboutin boots 12cm heel leopard with fur CL009, CL009, Christian Louboutin, Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots, replica christian louboutin, christian louboutin replica, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin sale, christian louboutin shoes outlet, replica christian louboutin shoes, cheap louboutin outlet, christian louboutin fake, christian louboutin shoes sale, cheap christian louboutin shoes sale, cheap louboutin sale, christian louboutin knockoff, christian louboutin, louboutin shoes outlet, christian louboutin outlet online, louboutin, louboutin or, christianlouboutin, shoes christian louboutin, shoes by christian louboutin, shoes from christian louboutin, where can i get christian louboutin shoes, outlet louboutin, christian louboutin red shoes, red christian louboutin shoes, fake christian louboutins, christian louboutins fake, red louboutin

Hello webmasters of life-sciences-forums.com.  I would like to introduce you to our new web shop, cheap replica brands direct from China.
Purchase goods direct from China - offering multiple products, also offering delivery services purchased anywhere in the world.  For retail customers  - it is an opportunity to buy cheap goods from China, we have created a catalog of extensive directory of links to our stores on this page.  If you are interested in wholesale supply of Chinese products, the experts clououtlet.biz can assist with finding a suitable product, direct from the factory and ordered to your doorstep.

An important factor is that - it's not just the site of goods from china, the company is headquarted in Guangzhou.  Wholesale clients have a unique opportunity to go directly to the producers, without the middle men involved.
Own office in china, this ensures you the security of the transactions, and our guarantees applied to borth wholesale and retail customers.

Sometimes, potential buyers do not know where or how to find a product that meets one or another specific needs.  In such situations, you can contact our managers and we shall find the product which you are looking for.

We will find you any pair of shoes of any brand!

On this page we will provide one of the samples of our products

Our other websites:
-christian louboutin sale
-louboutin
-cheap louboutin outlet
-christian louboutin replica
Supermarket:
bracelet cartier
Promo-code: #jhiiiiljkh-99999-hndfdf