Author Topic: ECL detection  (Read 3433 times)

Marta Munoz

ECL detection
« on: January 06, 2012, 04:50:12 AM »
Usually after incubating the  PDVF membrane with ECL reagent,  I cover it with a plastic film (Saran cling film) to avoid direct contact of the membrane and the X ray film.
I have run out of the cling film we were using and now we cannot find another one to replace it (several commercial brands of cling film give a high back ground)
I will appreciate if some one can give any advice to solve this problem.
Has any one try to put the x-ray film directly onto the membrane with good results?

Thanks in advance,

Marta

GE Maria

Re: ECL detection
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 07:08:38 AM »
Hi Marta,

Sorry to hear about the background. I have no real good solution but we use ordinary plastic wrap from the super market and have not observed that we could get background from different plastic. However you could try overhead-film and also ordinary transparent plastic cover used for protecting papers and often put in to binders. Moreover are you absolutely sure that the background is belonging to the plastic wrap, have you compared the same membrane with the old and new one or could there be some other factor that is causing the background, like new antibodies, buffers and reagents.

Hope this could be to any help!

Best regards,
GE Maria